Ventilator and respiratory services
Spanish Meadows is proud to be one of the largest facilities in Texas providing ventilator support. Our unit is staffed with licensed respiratory therapists 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Specially trained physicians, nurses and technologists assure the finest quality care for our ventilator-dependent, adult residents. Every effort is made to assist qualified residents toward weaning goals and their eventual return to the community.
- Our unit has 60 ventilator-dependent beds utilizing the LP-10 model ventilator.
- We have state-of-the-art electronic monitoring on all ventilator equipment.
- Each ventilator incorporates a sophisticated internal and external alarm and monitoring system.
- Our ventilator-specific, emergency generator ensures that our residents receive uninterupted service, even during power outages.
- Our ventilators are portable and can be attached to wheelchairs, providing ventilator-dependent residents with mobility and opportunities to socialize.
- All respiratory therapists are certified and highly qualified to meet the special needs of ventilator-dependent patients.
- Rehabilitation services are provided on-site and include strength training to increase physical endurance and instruction in bed mobility. Respiratory therapists accompany each patient during therapy sessions to ensure maximum productivity.
- All ventilator-dependent residents are regularly evaluated for removal from supportive equipment.